Sonntag, 16. November 2014

Jonny Clagg concert

Hello my dear follower,
I am sorry before I will write about this weekend and the Christmas Party we had yesterday, I will first tell you about my last Sunday.
On this day we all went to Durban. Maria, Hannah, Leonie and I drove with Trevor, the guy who took us to the Hot Springs weeks ago. He also took three friends along. We drove towards the Botanical Garden in Durban because there would take a concert place.
Since we did not know what to expect, we just had some ice tea and toast to bring along. But it didn’t matter at all because it was a nice picnic atmosphere in the Garden, Trevor even took along some camping chairs. There were also some commercial tents, where we were able to get some coups of soup, even to bring home.
Leonie and I at this tree
So we were excited about the concert. The choir, called Ladysmith, performed a mix of Zulu music and dance, they also wore some Zulu dresses, and yes it was only guys.







Since this kind of music was not my favorite one, Leonie and I decided to walk through the Park, which was a little difficult because the area around the stage was locked. But we had fun seeing trees which roots grew from the ground until the top of the tree and some other trees threw strange wooden things apart.
The second act, Jonny Clagg, was really good. This guy is a white guy who sings Zulu music and was even in the Charts in Europe. Maybe one of you knows him
He played for over an hour and we danced along. It was really fun!


After the concert we decided to go drink a cocktail. We didn’t know what to except but it was wonderful! The Moyo is a bar at the beach over the water of Durban. Since it was dark we got to see Durban’s skyline at night. I really like the City.
We came back home really late for a Sunday and wanted to eat plus I had to finish the cake for Nesi’s Birthday. I was glad when I was in my but also I thought it was probably my favorite week here in Africa so far. I love Durban an d can’t wait to go there for a weekend with Leonie.
So this was my last Sunday…
I hope you can see by the pictures how happy I had been :)
Love you
Fredo


















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen